Thursday, May 4, 2017

May 05, 2017



St. Augustine Lighthouse

  
The St. Augustine Lighthouse has a few museums, one of which is by admission only. This small one near the main entrance is free, and includes a few ship models (which is right up my alley when it comes to the sort of attractions I get abnormally excited about). This particular model represents the “Captain Tom.” I don’t know the history behind it but it’s a nice representation.

Old Mill Top Tavern
 

What a difference a year can make. When I last visited St. George Street, the tavern building was gutted and ready to be torn down. This year, it’s been completely reconstructed and painted a, um, completely different color than before. (And no, I’m not fond of the new color scheme, but hopefully it’s at least historical). The original structure dated from the late 1800s and was deemed structurally unsound.


(c) 2015-2017 St. Augustine Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment