Thursday, April 27, 2017

April 28, 2017



J&S Carousel


Ever wish you could do something you used to do as a child without being stared at? Riding the J&S Carousel at St. Augustine's Davenport Park is a great way to indulge that childlike wonder, and guess what? You won’t be the only adult doing so. I just read on the visitstaugustine.com site that there is supposedly a camel mixed in with the horses, but I never noticed it. This particular carousel dates from 1927 and only costs $1 for a ride. I highly recommend it, and as it's located along San Marco Avenue just off the bridge from Vilano Beach, it's easy to find. This is my horse. :-)

Spanish Bakery, St. George Street


I don’t know the story behind this painting located inside the small, authentically-colonial Spanish Bakery kitchen, but I suppose it’s either meant to be Ponce de Leon in 1513 or St. Augustine’s founder Pedro Menéndez de Avilés in 1565. Or maybe it’s just some random conquistador and the owners just liked the painting. I thought it was a nice historical touch, and there is least one other similar painting here as well. 


(c) 2015-2017 St. Augustine Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment