Thursday, January 26, 2017

January 27, 2017



Anastasia Island


I’m not sure what kind of trees these are on Anastasia Island, but they’re pretty interesting. Am I the only one who finds the crooked white branches to be really creepy, though? I know that sometimes trees are made to grow in certain directions by human intervention, but I’m almost certain these are natural. I don’t know if I’d trust having a picnic underneath . . . depends on the strength of the roots, and how secure the trunks are.

St. Augustine Lighthouse


For some reason I really like this display at the Lighthouse. It’s attractive, historical-looking, and informative, and the artifacts are down to your level, not behind glass or something like that. Plus I’m a sucker for colonial artillery so that probably has something to do with it. Despite it being so accessible, I wouldn’t recommend touching. Most museums frown on that . . . and it’s not okay to do it just because someone else did. (You wouldn’t believe how many people climb on historic structures or displays, particularly artillery, even when there’s a sign that clearly says not to).


(c) 2015-2017 St. Augustine Fridays 

No comments:

Post a Comment