Thursday, June 16, 2016

June 17, 2016



Fountain of Youth


If while strolling through the Fountain of Youth Park you need a reminder that you’re in Florida, here it is. There are so many peaceful places in the park, and this one is especially photogenic with the fountain at right and the Spanish moss overhead. One thing that’s not so peaceful: the creepy statue of Juan Ponce de Leon peering over the fence in the left background. Good thing I didn’t notice him when I was there. :-)

St. George Street


I love St. Augustine for so many reasons and this is one of them. Wherever you go, you stumble into history. Around every corner, something happened. It may not be something grand and exciting that changed the course of history, but it’s something nonetheless. Off St. George Street there’s an alley that leads to more shops, and I found this random cannon on the ground outside the shops. I’m not sure if it’s authentic --- I rather doubt it, as you’d think a “real” cannon would be more protected --- but I can’t be certain. It definitely looks old, and adds to the street’s colonial charm.


(c) 2015-2016 St. Augustine Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment