Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 17, 2015



Mission Nombre de Dios

  
This peaceful photo shows off two favorite relaxation spots and photo ops at the Mission Nombre de Dios grounds: the La Leche chapel at left, and the simple but beautiful gazebo at right. Also visible are gravestones, part of a tomb, and a religious monument at far right. I have particularly enjoyed sitting in the gazebo on a humid morning, enjoying the breeze and gazing off toward the mission in the hopes that the other people present would move along so I could have the place to myself by the time I got there :-)
 
Fountain of Youth


The Fountain of Youth is without doubt one of my all-time favorite St. Augustine attractions, and here’s just another reason why: the waterfront. This photo was taken from the newly-opened Spanish watchtower and shows the pier I had the pleasure of enjoying for the first time during my last trip. The pier is not to be missed. Not only can you see the Fountain grounds, part of the Mission Nombre de Dios grounds, the marsh, and the aesthetically-pleasing bridge to Vilano Beach, but the sheer relaxation of being so near the water makes it a great choice.


(c) 2015 St. Augustine Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment