Thursday, June 15, 2017

June 16, 2017



Castillo de San Marcos


To give you a little insight into the life of a history buff, when I saw that this center room in the Castillo was open for the first time since I began visiting in 2001, I got way too excited. From left to right are the “Indian Room”, the “Commandant’s Quarters”, and the “Siege Room.” In the 1730s the center room was indeed the “quarters of the Lieutenant Governor of the Castillo”, while those rooms which flanked it on other side were used as provisions rooms.

San Sebastian River


St. Augustine is full of picturesque sights, some where you don’t expect them. Even waiting in traffic between King Street and U.S. 1 is a pleasure when you have this view of the San Sebastian River and its pretty marshes. I haven’t seen any alligators here yet, but I fully expect to some day. I have seen plenty of birds. I prefer the latter.


(c) 2015-2017 St. Augustine Fridays 

No comments:

Post a Comment