Thursday, December 10, 2015

December 11, 2015



Mission Nombre de Dios

  
I can’t stress enough that the Mission grounds are *not* just for Catholics. I consider myself a Huguenot in many ways and still have a wonderful time here. :-) This view of St. Joseph and a quaint little gazebo captures the peaceful spirit of the shrine. If you have some time to just sit in the shade and reflect, go for it. The only problem you’ll have if you practice another faith (or none at all) is finding anything at the gift shop (seen here in the background), as there are very few non-Catholic offerings. They do, however, have some lovely postcards!

St. George Street


This is one interesting photo. I don’t know if the cannon is authentic or not, but it makes a great shot either way. It looks as if I’m standing beside it, right? This cannon sits in front of the Pirate & Treasure Museum, and this photo was zoomed in from the top of the 17TH century watchtower at Colonial Quarter! I love the colorful compass mural at top right. 


(c) 2015 St. Augustine Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment